Mommy or Daddy and Me Piano Lessons
We are the only music school in the US who provides private mommy and me piano lessons. We understand the importance of bonding with your child and learning together. While group classes are an opportunity to get this experience, our private mommy and me classes create a setting where the child and parent can bond together and learn at a faster rate. Lessons are held once a week at the same day and time.
What you'll get
1. Friendly, competent, and educated teachers who LOVE to teach
2. Lessons are catered to you and your child. We personalize each lesson based on your goals and expectations of lessons.
3. Learn proper technique, tone, chords, reading and ear training, music theory, and sight reading
4. Play songs you love! Our teachers know that you want to play songs you love. We'll add music based on your personal preferences. (hymns, pop, worship, rock, jazz, etc.)
5. Quality time with your child. Nothing can be more memorable than spending time and learning with your child
Starting Piano Lessons:
We don't require for our students to have an upright or grand piano in their homes. At a minimum, we do recommend that each piano student has a touch sensitive keyboard that they can practice on at home. A touch sensitive keyboard allows the student to play louder or quieter. This is really important when our piano students start learning different 'dynamics".
For a beginner, the keyboard does not need to be a full 88 keys (we recommend 61 key minimum), but as the student gets more advanced, they will start exploring the lower and higher register of the keyboard. A lot of time it makes sense to put in the initial investment and buy the full 88 right away, but we understand that budgets aren't always there for that. Finally, you'll need a sustain pedal (when you hold it down and let up on the keys, the sound continues.)